1926 Hugo Arens established the foundry named after him in Iserlohn, which initially specialized in automobile fittings, and supplied renowned companies, such as Borgward, until the 1960s.
1964 Wolfgang Arens took over the business of his now deceased father and ultimately got involved in the commercial vehicle industry. Since then, MAN and Mercedes-Benz have been members the foundry’s customer base. In the 1990s, a new building was erected in Iserlohn, and at the end of the 90s, the gravity die foundry was expanded.
2003 Matthias Maier bought the company and took over the management. Since then, the Hugo Arens GmbH & Co.KG has been characterized by constant innovations: The 3D CAD software was introduced; the quality management adapted to the ISO 9001 certification; and investments were made in modern CNC machines.
Well-known companies, such as MAN, Mercedes-Benz, Siemens and Heidelberger Druckmaschinen have established themselves as fixtures in the company’s customer base.